OSNALINE® Tube Bundles
EXPERIENCE AND KNOW-HOW THAT SET STANDARDS WORLDWIDE
KME Special Products includes a variety of specialised tube bundles known as OSNALINE®.
In this field of our specialisation has been producing tube bundles to individual specifications for almost 50 years. These products are used for many industrial applications, in offshore facilities, in ship-building and in the building industry. This long tradition of tube bundle applications is one example of KME Special’s unique developing and production potential.
We additionally manufactures tube bundles (OSNALINE®) made of special corrosion resistant materials for hydraulic control systems.
- OSNALINE® Tube Bundles are pre-fabricated tube-runs with a protective outer plastic jacket
- Their main application field is for pneumatic and hydraulic pressure transmission over long distances
- Up to 19 different tubes and canals can be worked into a single bundle
Can contain different components such as:
- Tubing of different dimensions and materials
- Heat tracing
- Electrical cables (power and signal)
- Steel ropes for traction release
OSNALINE® IN INDUSTRY
The use of OSNALINE®-tube bundles is much more economical than installing lots of separate tubes.
The nature and qualities of the outer jacket and tube materials allow OSNALINE®-tube bundles to withstand the combined effects of environmental and atmospheric conditions, aggressive chemicals, pressure and temperature, where conventional tubing would fail or require costly on-site manual protection.
We deliver tube bundles to:
- the chemical and petrochemical industries
- ship-building and offshore industries
- the building industry
- plant construction and mechanical engineering
Main uses of OSNALINE® tube bundles:
- pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- measuring and analysing systems
- effective and differential pressure systems
Materials for all requirements
Tubes made of copper, copper-nickel, stainless steel and plastic, of various diameters and thicknesses, are stranded together and combined with heater lines, potential equalizing lines, electric or telephone lines to make up an OSNALINE® tube bundle. Up to 19 different tubes and canals can be worked into a single bundle.
After stranding, the bundled components are covered several times with plastic or with metal bands for extra protection. Several layers of polyester or fibreglass insulation are added as required before the tube bundle finally receives its extruded plastic jacket.
Heated granulate is used in the extrusion process to coat the stranded and insulated tube bundle with an external plastic jacket.
The flexibility of OSNALINE® tube bundle design offers a wide variety of customised solutions.
Our tube bundles include reserve lines for later additions or modifications.
The ends of the tube bundles are carefully protected from outside moisture using finely tailored fittings. Individual tubes can be insulated right up to the point of connection with the customer’s installations.
The electric heater lines used in heated tube bundles can be installed in explosion hazard zones. Specially developed and tested connections are fitted as required on location.
OSNALINE® tube bundles with a plastic casing are also available with an additional heat insulation layer when a steam or electrical tracer is used. Tube bundle designs for special purposes include:
- armoring of the tube bundle with quenched and drawnflat steel wire or with spring wire
- outer jacket with welding bead protection
- a variety of tube dimensions and materials
- pre-insulated individual tubes in the tube bundle
- integrated electric lines for measuring, control and telephone
- traction cables